Skype
basv23

Starbomb - Hero of Rhyme Starbomb - Hero of Rhyme

I have to admit... The quality of the video is near to poor (especially for a music video), but clear enough, though. But the storyboard is so rad. And the music makes everything completely awesome! 1.02-1.20 did it.

3D Animation in Flash 3D Animation in Flash

Which software did you use?

JulianBlau responds:

Adobe Flash

The War On Terrorisim in The War On Terrorisim in

I love the paintings, but why do you put it in a video? For there even is no music in it, you may have got a better chance when you sequence them and upload it at art on NG. But art: 5/5

WorldAnonFag responds:

I did a sound track. The problem was that when newgrounds uploaded the file, for some reason the sound didnt come with it. That was a technical issue beyond my control. But thanks for the comment on the art. The idea follows a comic book in flash format...

Moto x3m Moto x3m

The only negative thing that I can come up with is that you should put a level select menu in this game. But I have to admit that this is the best bike game I ever played!

FlashRushGames responds:

Thanks, we have "level select" menu. Seems like you pass all game at one glup :) so you dont see this menu.

Space Game Space Game

It's a pretty basic game, but I think it's better than similar concepts because of the more dynamic background, and the diversity of projectiles approaching you.

Kontur responds:

Thank you for you feedback, to be honest this game was made for my portfolio to a Game Art course, it's really basic as you said and it's not meant to be an actual published game. :)

Lose Control [Connected Sounds Release] Lose Control [Connected Sounds Release]

This is some propper dubstep O-o. You've outdone yourself man! I couldn't wait for this release. I find the drop bass could have been given some more bass/grit to make its modulation more apparent. That'd have tied the whole song together just a bit more. Just to give it some extra obvious vibes ;). Hope you make it to the next round!

GobSmacked responds:

ayy thanks man, I appreciate that! Yeah I feel like I overcompressed the growls but I couldnt get it to sound more dynamic idk I messed up there a little haha

EspiDev - Serene EspiDev - Serene

Man, I love the synths, and how everything works together as a whole. It feels very light weighted and free-ish if you know what I mean. Musically, I have nothing to criticise. The melodies are fantastic, the chords work really well. The track progesses really nicely!

The mix however can use some work. The reverb on some synths is too much. It starts blending with other synths making the mix blurry. I understand that long reverb decay is of major contribution to the abience, but it should not smother the song. Also, I feel like the snare can get some more love. The kick is mixed in really nicely, but the snare sounds kind of strange. Where the kick is clearly audible, the snare gets overpowered by the rest of the track most of the time. Making the snare stand out more, and balancing the kick-snare combination makes for more solid drums.

The stereo image of the song at some parts (especially the parts with the phaser) just messes with my head a bit. I'm listening on headphones, and the left-right separation is crazy at some parts. The idea is great. It's too overdone in my opinion though.

Last but not least is the master. The overall tonality of the audio is focussed really on the highs. The bass is barely audible if not absent. I'm not going to say anything about the bass being absent though, as I can imagine that was done on purpose. A sub bass however, would have super nice in the background here. Back to the master: it's loud constantly! You should check out the waveform in you DAW. The volume is max except for the parts with very few instruments. Listening carefully to the song, some parts sound quite overcompressed.

Except for the mixing and mastering, the song was amazing. I should emphasise that to assure you I loved every second of it even though I had to pick on the quality a bit. But hey, that criticism makes for a useful review. At least, I hope it's useful :P. Nice work here!

BlastBeats (R4R)

EspiDev responds:

Thanks for the review! Yeah, my mastering wasn't the best, heh.

Nuka Goo Nuka Goo

I'm usually not one for repetitive drops, but yours are so amazingly well arranged that I just can't stop listening. Poompin drums and a stronk bass, yiss, good frickin' job man! I wouldn't mind seeing this getting featured :P

GobSmacked responds:

ayy thanks man, appreciate ya!!!! :3

Mother Moon Mother Moon

Amazing art, which programme do you use?

MysticSkillz responds:

Illustrator and Photoshop. Here is the making of it http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/652244