Skype
basv23

Starbomb - Hero of Rhyme Starbomb - Hero of Rhyme

I have to admit... The quality of the video is near to poor (especially for a music video), but clear enough, though. But the storyboard is so rad. And the music makes everything completely awesome! 1.02-1.20 did it.

3D Animation in Flash 3D Animation in Flash

Which software did you use?

JulianBlau responds:

Adobe Flash

The War On Terrorisim in The War On Terrorisim in

I love the paintings, but why do you put it in a video? For there even is no music in it, you may have got a better chance when you sequence them and upload it at art on NG. But art: 5/5

WorldAnonFag responds:

I did a sound track. The problem was that when newgrounds uploaded the file, for some reason the sound didnt come with it. That was a technical issue beyond my control. But thanks for the comment on the art. The idea follows a comic book in flash format...

Moto x3m Moto x3m

The only negative thing that I can come up with is that you should put a level select menu in this game. But I have to admit that this is the best bike game I ever played!

FlashRushGames responds:

Thanks, we have "level select" menu. Seems like you pass all game at one glup :) so you dont see this menu.

Space Game Space Game

It's a pretty basic game, but I think it's better than similar concepts because of the more dynamic background, and the diversity of projectiles approaching you.

Kontur responds:

Thank you for you feedback, to be honest this game was made for my portfolio to a Game Art course, it's really basic as you said and it's not meant to be an actual published game. :)

Nuka Goo Nuka Goo

I'm usually not one for repetitive drops, but yours are so amazingly well arranged that I just can't stop listening. Poompin drums and a stronk bass, yiss, good frickin' job man! I wouldn't mind seeing this getting featured :P

GobSmacked responds:

ayy thanks man, appreciate ya!!!! :3

DJ P1E - Below DJ P1E - Below

So... I was not familiar with the original song. I found out I've been living under a rock for not knowing it. Anyway, newgrounds has this cool credit option in the project management menu. There you should link the song that you based this song on.

To get more in depth about the execution:
You see to put the focus more on the lead than the original, which I really like. All instruments together work like this mini cute synth orchestra. Also structurewise, I like this a lot. The transitions are spot on, and the sound choice is great.

In the mix there are these white noise things that are really loud. They should be toned down. Also you use that white noise sound for every transition. Getting some more variation going might be a good idea. But personally I'd recommend leaving the white noise out at some transitions, and let the notes do their thing. Because that works ever so good! Also some drums are barely audible. I mainly can't hear the kick very well, but I think there is a chance you did that on purpose.

The last thing I can possibly say something about is the impression I got while listening to this song. It's quite plain, it sounds like a bunch of presets using the notes of an already existing song. This may totally not be true! I'm not claiming things here, but that was just my first impression when I listened to it.

On the other hand though, I really enjoyed listening, and I wished it lasted longer. That should be the most important!
I rate 4/5

Xtrullor - Birth of the Sun Xtrullor - Birth of the Sun

You used to have the best flow in dubstep drops I've ever heard. Nowadays though, you seem to obstruct that flow by frequent instant periods of a significant decrease in tension. Those periods feel extra out of place because the synths have another "imaginative load". (To me at least) it kind of feels like having a conversation about two very different subjects at a time. I don't know if you're into the "I associate sounds with thoughts and feelings". If so: (that is the) way to go!

I find the mix a bit flat too. I'm listening on headphones, and it's like the volume of what isn't mono, is constant throughout the song. Also the mix kind of lacks interest. It sounds extremely clean, but it makes some parts in especially the drop sound a bit empty.

After reading the criticism, check out the rating! 4.5 stars! The song is made with crazy skills, so it deserves them. But that's not why I reviewed. I wanted to help. So... I hope it did! (and that I didn't make a fool of myself)

Mother Moon Mother Moon

Amazing art, which programme do you use?

MysticSkillz responds:

Illustrator and Photoshop. Here is the making of it http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/652244